Alkalizing your body simply means reducing its acidity, and you can do that by eating the right kind of foods. There are a lot of benefits to alkalizing your body. An alkalized body often results in more nights of peaceful, deep sleep; an increase in energy; and a reduction in weight. Alkalizing your body also promotes mental alertness, reduces candida growth, improves memory, generates healthier tissues, ensures proper functioning of your cells, supports a healthier heart, and reduces the risk of chronic diseases and muscle degeneration.
Alkalizing your body is a gift that you can give yourself. Here are eight ways to do it.
1. Not all acidic foods are bad. This may seem counter-productive since you are trying to reduce acid levels in your body, but not all acidic foods are bad for you. Case in point: lemon. Lemon may be an acidic food, but it helps to alkalize your body instead of harm it. Add a few drops of lemon water to a glass of water and drink it first thing in the morning. This will increase your body’s metabolism and help detoxify all the acids and toxins in your body.
2. Devour the greens. Another great way to alkalize your body is by adding green vegetables and fruits in your diet. Try a simple green salad with olive oil and sprinkle with some black pepper for seasoning.
3. A for alkalizing. A for almonds. Try adding unsalted and raw almonds to your diet as a snack. Almonds contain naturally occurring alkaline, magnesium, and calcium, which help your body to balance your body’s blood sugar and acidity.
4. Don’t choose the cow. Switch your milk to non-dairy, like almond milk, because cow’s milk promotes more acid growth.
5. Workout. Exercise is vital to alkalizing your body. Even just fifteen minutes of exercise moves the acidic foods in your body to a position where it is easier to completely eliminate them from your body.
6. Meditate. Mediated in fresh air or invest in essential oils or a salt lamp. Essential oils are known for purifying and cleansing your body. Investing in a Himalayan sea salt lamp will prove beneficial toward alkalizing your body because it will cleanse and purify it by producing negative ions and canceling out the positive ions in your surroundings and in your body.
7. Quit the meat. Try to consume as little meat as possible. Better yet, start a completely plant-based diet. Meat has a tendency to leave residual acid in your body even after it has been eliminated.
8. No more sugar. No more soda. Cut out all soda and sugar from your diet because they are nothing but empty calories. Choose water or green tea instead because they will detoxify your body from acidity.
An alkalized body is a balanced, happy body. Try integrating a few of these into your daily routine, and experience the difference of an alkalized body!
Coconut Curry Soup
1 tablespoon of coconut oil
2 celery stalks, chopped
1 large onion, chopped
1 leek, chopped
2 garlic cloves
1 medium to large head of purple cabbage, chopped
2 cups chopped sweet potato
1 cup uncooked quinoa
1 15-ounce can organic coconut milk
6 cups vegetable broth
1 tablespoon curry powder
1 teaspoon thyme
Add coconut oil to a large soup pot over medium heat. Add chopped celery, onion, leek, and garlic. Sauté for about 5 minutes until it starts to brown. Next, add cabbage, sweet potato, quinoa, coconut milk, vegetable broth, curry powder and thyme. Mix well and cover. Continue to cook for about 20 minutes until the quinoa is fully cooked and the vegetables are tender.
If you would like to learn more about working with me to lose weight, and have more energy, and just an overall more healthy lifestyle, just click here.
Yours in health and wellness,
Categories nutrition, healthy eating, clean eating, detox, kick the sugar, weightloss