Essential oils are aromatic compounds that are extracted from the flowers, seeds, roots, or leaves of various plants. Each essential oil has its unique smell, properties, and qualities; these oils are generally either diffused into the air or applied topically. With so many uses, trying essential oils can be a little daunting. Here are 12 easy ways to start using essential oils every day.
1. Stress relief: Essential oils like frankincense and lavender can help with stress management. Lavender essential oil promotes relaxation and helps balance your stress levels. Frankincense essential oil can help deter feelings of depression. Lemon essential oil can also help boost your mood.
2. Increased energy and stamina: Essential oils like lavender, lemon, and frankincense can help boost your stamina and provide a burst of energy.
3. Healthy skin: Problematic skin can often be treated with the help of essential oils applied topically. Lavender essential oil can be used to clean and soothe shallow cuts, irritated skin, redness, and bruises. Lemon essential oil contains 68% of d-limonene, a common antioxidant that promotes healthy skin by reducing inflammation. Tea tree oil can also be used to treat common cuts, skin irritations, and stubborn acne scars. Mix the essential oil with a carrier oil before applying to your skin.
4. Improved nervous system: Diffusing lemon essential oil can help improve your nervous system and alertness.
5. Digestion and weight loss support: Lemon and peppermint essential oils are often recommended to improve digestion. Peppermint essential oil can also be an effective appetite suppressant, aiding in weight loss.
6. Respiratory system support: Diffuse peppermint and frankincense essential oils to help support your respiratory system.
7. Immune system support: Diffusing or cleaning with teat tree and Thieves essential oils can help support your immune system and stave off colds, flu, and other illnesses.
8. Oral health: Thieves essential oil is used in many organic kinds of toothpaste because it supports oral health.
9. Air purification: Tea tree and thieves essential oils are great for cleansing and purifying the air in your home. They can also be used as all-natural, all-purpose home cleaners.
10. Healthy lips: Lavender essential oil can be used to soothe and moisturize dry, chapped, or cracked lips.
11. Dandruff-free hair: Apply lavender essential oil—either directly or diluted with a carrier oil—to relieve stubborn dandruff.
12. Mosquito repellant: You can make your own mosquito repellent by mixing citronella, lemongrass, coconut, and eucalyptus oils. Apply topically or diffuse in the surrounding area.
If you would like to learn more about my Free Essential Oil Health Consultation, just click here.
Yours in health and wellness,
What are adrenal glands and where are they located?
Your adrenal glands play a very important role in maintaining your health. They are incredibly small, about the size and weight of a coin. They are located above your kidneys, just below the muscle tissue of your lower back.
What do adrenal glands do?
Our adrenal glands are responsible for many things that assist in regulating our body and hormones, including thyroid and reproductive hormones. They are also responsible for managing stress, the amount of inflammation in our body, our immune system, our blood sugar levels and the electrolytes in our blood. They influence all the physiological functions processes of the body and help stave off physical fatigue.
Signs your adrenal health is bad
When there is something wrong with our body, it will start to signal us that something needs to be addressed. Here is how your adrenal glands will signal you that something is wrong.
How to improve your adrenal health
If you suspect your adrenal glands may need some care and attention, try some of the following tips.
1. Get your sleep schedule in sync:
Make sure that you get quality sleep for 9 to 10 hours. Sleep and wake up at the same times to get your body in a rhythm. It needs to follow a routine to start to heal.
2. Daily exercise:
Set aside at least 30 minutes a day for exercise, no matter how busy or tired you may be.
3. Add these to your diet:
To improve your adrenal health, add proteins, healthy carbs, zinc, calcium, and vitamins (especially C and D) to your diet. Also increase foods like coconuts, avocados, olives, chia seeds, bone broth, nuts, vegetables and fish, but make sure you do all of this in moderation.
If you would like to learn more about just click here or message me
Yours in health and wellness,
Categories nutrition, healthy eating, clean eating, detox, kick the sugar, weightloss