So, why am I talking about hormones? Well.....my passion as a health coach is really to help people prevent Chronic disease. Sure, weight-loss, and more energy are part of that, but what I see as a huge influence on disease are hormones. Hormones are influenced by many things, toxins, and stress to name a few. And, they are responsible for so many more things, so many bodily transactions and chemical reactions. If they are not working correctly, that makes so many other things out of whack, such as weignt losss, energy, emotions, stress, sleep. Really it is all interconnected, and hormones play a huge part.
If you regularly feel like something is just not right with your body, that you are just not yourself more often than not, you may be suffering from a hormone imbalance. Here are a few signs and symptoms to help you determine if your hormones may be out of whack:
1. You feel tired all the time.Consistent fatigue may be the cause of an imbalance in our stress hormones that are produced when your body releases cortisol. Your body tends to release excessive cortisol in response to a bad or unhealthy diet, especially one with excessive daily consumption of sugar. This fatigue may even make you feel a little depressed and lethargic and cause brain fog or brain fatigue, a temporary condition in which your brain is simply exhausted and cannot perform the simplest task.
2. You are unable to lose weight.The stress hormone cortisol not only makes you feel tired but can also hinder your body's ability to maintain or lose weight. Your hormones control your metabolism. An imbalance in your hormones can result in a slowed or inefficient metabolism. Furthermore, hormonal imbalances promote fat storage that can lead to weight gain.
3. You suffer from insatiable cravings.An increase in cortisol can cause you to have crazy and insatiable cravings for sugary foods. You may feel ravenous and get abnormally cranky if you are unable to satisfy those cravings.
4. You feel as if you are on an emotional roller coaster.When your hormones are out of whack, you may feel as if you are on an emotional roller coaster. One minute you are happy and having the time of your life and in the next, you may feel incredibly depressed. Hormonal imbalances can cause you to experience extreme, inexplicable highs and lows in your emotions.
5. You have digestive problems.Hormonal imbalances can also contribute to digestive problems like abdominal spasms, diarrhea, constipation, bloating, excessive flatulence and burping, nausea and discomfort.
6. You sweat excessively.Your hormones can cause you to sweat excessively when they are out of whack. This is due to a swing of hypothyroidism and hyperthyroidism, which are caused by hormonal imbalances in your body. This symptom is usually overlooked but should be discussed with your doctor in the event your excessive sweating leads to axillary hyperhidrosis, which is profuse sweating over your entire body and underarms.
If you would like to learn more about my balancing hormones naturally program starting in 2021, or any of my other programs to help you lose weight, have more energy, and have an amazing, long, healthy life, just click here
Yours in health and wellness,
Categories nutrition, healthy eating, clean eating, detox, kick the sugar, weightloss