Stress and anxiety are common experiences for most people. In fact, 70% of adults in the US say they feel stress or anxiety on a daily basis. Here are 8 simple ways to relieve stress and anxiety.
1. Reduce caffeine intake. Caffeine is a stimulant found in coffee, tea, chocolate and energy drinks. High doses can increase anxiety. People have different thresholds for how much caffeine they can tolerate. If you notice that caffeine makes you jittery or anxious, consider cutting back. Need an all natural energy boost? Try inhaling peppermint or diffusing citrus oils.
2. Write it down. One way to handle stress is writing it down. Another way is recording what you are grateful for. Gratitude may help relieve stress and anxiety by focusing your thoughts on what's positive in your life. 3. Spend time with friends and family. Friends and family can act as a sounding board and lend support.
4. Laugh. Did you know laughter can also help improve your immune system and mood? Try watching a funny TV show or hanging out with friends who make you laugh.
5. Learn to say no. Not all stressors are within your control, but some are. Take control over the parts of your life that you can change and are causing you stress.
6. Avoid procrastination. Procrastination can lead you scrambling to catch up. This can cause stress, which negatively affects your health and sleep quality.
7. Practice Mindfulness. Mindfulness describes practices that anchor you to the present moment. it can help combat the anxiety-inducing effects of negative thinking. A recent study in college students suggested that mindfulness may help increase selfesteem, which in turn lessens symptoms of anxiety and depression.
8. Diffuse! Using essential oils may help reduce your feelings of stress and anxiety. Here are some of the most calming scents: Lavender, Rose, Vetiver, Roman chamomile, Frankincense, Ylang ylang & Geranium.
If you have questions regarding essential oils, or doTerra, or would like to learn more, see my doterra page here or contact me here.
Categories nutrition, healthy eating, clean eating, detox, kick the sugar, weightloss