1. I love that your decadence tastes sinfully delicious, yet it’s the “healthiest” of fats.
2. I love that you make my skin beautiful.
The antioxidants in avocados help to get rid of
toxins that promote premature aging and wrinkling of the skin. A lot of the
toxins on your facial skin are the residue of makeup. Applying 1 mashed avocado
as a facial mask and leaving it on for about 20 minutes before rinsing will help to
remove these toxins and soften the skin. I promise, in the end, you will not look
like the Wicked Witch of the West.
3. I love to use you as a spread on my Ezekiel bread toast with a sprinkle of
pink Himalayan sea salt, and red pepper flakes.
4. I love that you make my hair shiny.
One avocado mashed and mixed
together with 1 egg and your favorite essential oil is great for conditioning
your hair. The healthy oils in the avocado help to moisturize and soften dry
and brittle hair, and the vitamin E helps to restore a natural shine to your
hair. To obtain these benefits simply massage the avocado and egg
mixture into your hair and scalp and leave in for about 20 minutes. Then
wash and condition with your favorite shampoo and conditioner.
5. I love to use you in my salads. Any kind of salad.
6. I love to use you on my sandwiches in place of mayonnaise.
7. I love that you complete me.
Avocados provide all 18 essential amino acids necessary for the body to
form a complete protein. Unlike the protein in steak, which is difficult for most
people to digest, avocado protein is readily absorbed by the body, because avocados
also contain fiber. If you are trying to cut down on animal sources of protein in your
diet, or if you are a vegetarian or vegan seeking more protein, avocados
are a great nutritional ally to include not merely as an occasional treat,
but as a regular part of your diet. Highest protein
content of any fruit (yes, it’s a fruit).
8. I love to use you in my smoothies to add some creamy richness.
9. I love to scramble you in my omelet.
10. I love that you help me with my ABCs.
While avocados have a high caloric count (one avocado is 320 calories), the
various nutrients and “healthy” fats make it a must-eat. They are an alphabet
of vitamins. One avocado provides your body with vitamins A, C, E, K and B6, along
with an enormous amount of potassium and “healthy” fat.
Perhaps the biggest health benefit of avocados is that by adding avocado to certain
foods, you can improve your absorption of nutrients. This means that when you
combine other fat burning foods with avocado, you can improve your nutrient
absorption up to 400%!
Oh, yes, I truly do love you.